Thursday, May 1, 2008

What have we been up to?





When were not working, we're outside in the yard. We totally gutted the front landscaping and now are in the process of putting up retaining wall blocks. I didn't realize that you need an engineering degree to put those things in. For those of you who haven't had the pleasure, you have to dig a trench with a shovel and then make sure each block is level and that it is level with the one next to it. Only you can't tell if your making a level trench while your digging. So this means a lot of time getting down to put the block in and then getting up to re-dig under the block. You can however take out your frustration with the rubber mallet that you pound the block in with.
Update: I just spoke to my neighbors, whose yard is immaculate, and apparantly filling the ditch with sand would have made it alot easier to level the blocks. I just knew he was out there laughing at me the last few days. He did say he was very impressed I was able to get the blocks level in dirt-which translates into boy, she sure is clueless. I spend a lot of time researching things--unfortunately this was one of the things I was just winging thinking how hard could it be. HA!

No comments:




FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

NeoCounter