Friday, February 15, 2008

Saturday


Last Saturday I went to my nephew's basketball game, like I always do, and sat in the gym 20 minutes before I noticed this (I didn't know they changed the game time so was one of only a few people sitting in bleachers at the time.) Well, not this exactly, but a banner that had this on it (give or take a few points on the career total.) It was alumni day at the varsity game and they had retired my number. I ran into Mom at Wal-Mart the night before and she said they were going to. But I didn't really believe her since the school isn't that great at supporting women's athletic's. Sure enough it was hanging up there in the gym and at half-time after they announced all the returning alumni names and they gave a short message on my accomplishments and gave me a bag with this in it. (See picture below.)
I saw Jonathan before the game and he said he told all his teammates that it was his aunt. He's the cool, quite type so you can't always tell if you get his approval or not. I guess I did because he actually claimed me. That was one of the best parts of the day for me.

(For those who asked in the family forum, they gave me a ball and plaque my senior year of HS)



.

2 comments:

Thomas bunch said...

If only I had understood...I was living with a legend...

Thomas bunch said...

I'll claim you, does that make you feel good??




FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

NeoCounter