Monday, February 18, 2008

If only all Mondays were this good...

I got an extra hour of sleep, sort of. When my alarm went off this morning I felt so tired. I stared at the clock and then realized "it's says 4:15, so it's really 3:15 and I still have another hour!" So I flipped open my cell phone to have light to see to set the alarm clock to 5:15, so I would wake up at 4:15. Make sense? My clock is set an hour fast because I think psychologically seeing 5:15 even though it is really 4:15 AM makes it easier to get up. Easy is used loosely here... Also, the three nights a week I go to bed at 8:15 or 8:30 I feel slightly less lame when I see the clock reading 9:30.

So I'm following The Plan. I don't exactly take the Baby Steps in order. But we budget, got rid of Satellite TV, and are careful where the money goes. So a goal we have every year is to pay the equivalent of 1 extra house payment a year directly toward principal. Hopefully more, but at least 1 extra per year. I was surprised to see a deposit from Buddy's b'ball coaching in our bank account online this morning. I thought we had gotten it all in December. I whipped out the checkbook this morning and sent all his coaching pay from Dec and today toward the principal on mortgage. It was such a great feeling to write that check. (I have another copy of The Total Money Makeover if anyone wants to read it.)
Then my supervisor stopped by my desk telling me what my merit raise was. I wasn't expecting this for a couple of weeks. I'm not bragging because basically, if you're breathing here you get one, so it wasn't anything spectacular, but I'll take it. Just was a part of a good Monday.

1 comment:

Thomas bunch said...

Congratulations on being such a great breather!!!




FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

NeoCounter