Sshhhhh, don't tell my mom.... but about 30-50% of our dinners during the week were whatever we could throw together from our cabinets/freezer/fridge. I hate planning meals and making shopping lists. Now we know what we are having every night and I don't forget things at the store......
This has seriously cut the time I would spend planning, shopping and making meals by 75%.
I just started using this meal planning service and it has been great. I gladly pay the ~$1 week because they plan the meals, write an easy to read and make recipe AND make the grocery list. The grocery list is on one sheet of paper and the meal plan and recipes for the week are on another sheet of paper. The recipes are right next to the meal and are easy to whip and so far have been very good.
I have a strict diet about most green vegetables---I don't eat them!!! However, one of the meals was for Spinach Quiche and for Buddy's sake I made it. Hello!! it was really good and I will definitely make it again (It had pesto sauce in it, for those of you who were wondering how I managed to eat it.) It is easy to cross out the meal and ingredients you don't want off the shopping list because they have a cross-reference number.
They have several meal planning options available:
Regular Family Meals (7 meals serving 4-6 people)
Regular Meals for 2 (5 meals for 2 people)
Specialty family meals or Specialty meals for 2 (Low Carb, Vegetarian, Low Fat, or Points System meals)
You can also pick which store you shop at and it gives the price for each item and the total shopping list price.
This has definitely limited the amount of frozen pizza and spaghetti we have at our house and makes shopping a LOT faster.
(Please click on the link/banner in the earlier blog because this link shows that I referred you and I get a perk for referrals.)
p.s. no one referred me, I found it through the Dave Ramsey show. Also, if you put Dave in the coupon code it is only $12.50 for 2 months.
You can see examples of the meal plan and grocery list on the website..
If you can't see banner in earlier post here is link:
http://www.e-mealz.com/amember/aff.php?action=links
3 comments:
This sounds very exciting. I used to cook with JoAnn and we'd make meals to put in the freezer. We got so good we would have meals for 2 months!
-Lori
I'll make a copy of one week of mine and give it to you so you can have a "trial" week.
I think I might try this!
Post a Comment