Monday, June 2, 2008

Saturday recap





Oops, I jinxed myself. I said things were going great at the garage sale….they were until Friday night’s violent thunderstorm. We knew there was a storm coming, so we made sure the tarps over the tables were secure….didn’t count on storm being quite so severe or WINDY. The wind actually blew so hard some water came in through the seal in our front window (and our neighbors.) It also blew down 4 out of the 5 tables. All Mandi’s stuff was soaking wet. Even things in tubs w/lids. I got up at 6 jumped in the shower and came outside ~6:15 to see the devastation. We moved her tables to the back and then I picked up all the shards of glass in the yard. Tried to dry her stuff, while getting our stuff out of the garage and into the driveway. Managed to get everything out by 7:30 and went back to trying to reorganize all the wet stuff. People started coming at 7:30 and we were pretty busy all day until ~12:00. We shut down at 1:00 and by the time I had most of my stuff torn down at 2:00, I realized I had to get to an open house before 3:00 and still had no gift for the graduate. I swallowed my pride and went how I was (windswept hair and no makeup) got the gift and made it to the party by 2:30. When I was there I realized I had not had anything to eat or drink all day. Came back home, played with Caleb, did more cleaning, took short rest and realized at 6:00 I hadn’t gone to the bathroom in 12 hours! I have a bladder of steel but was still slightly surprised at myself…..Mandi managed to hang most of her stuff along the fence or on tarps to dry and still sold quite a bit. Beside feeling badly about Mandi’s things, Saturday was busy but fun. The next-door-neighbors came over and Mom/Dad and Diana/Tyson were there too.
I did make more then I spent…….bought a $1 shower curtain….decorative pillows (from neighbors—I have never bought pillows from anywhere but a store before—but know the neighbors are clean, sanitary people!!!)….and the neighbors across the street finally managed to talk me into buying a front porch and a patio furniture set for $15. I had gone over when they pulled the set out and asked how much the front porch set was ($40) a couple hours into the sell they yelled over that they would give me both the patio and front porch set for $15. I had a couple of people ask me if it was for sale after they moved it over……..am planning on selling it at the next sale in August after I get a new patio set on clearance but this will do until then (don’t worry I’ll split the profit with the neighbors I bought it from.)

1 comment:

Thomas bunch said...

Would you buy my pillows??




FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

NeoCounter