Aaawww! 8 months ago....
Yesterday I had time to reflect as I was sitting in my car in the driveway. (Why?? We have 1 working garage door opener which Buddy had. The front storm door’s locking mechanism got stuck last week-can’t get in that way. Never had the key for the back door.) So I sat waiting for Buddy to get home and realized we had lived here 9 months already. It is so close to everything (well, almost everything.) I used to be 18 minutes from Wal-mart and now I am a mere 4! I also can walk to my all-time favorite pizza place-Pizza King! I love the rear facing garage, the bonus room, the screen porch, the windows and the whole neighborhood. So aside from the current entry problems, am still very happy with house. I get asked all the time how I can make the drive to Lafayette 3 days a week. XM Radio. Even driving in the ice and snow last week wasn’t nearly as stressful because I had Dr. Laura, Dave Ramsey and Old Time Radio classics to listen to. Yes, my new favorites are the old time radio shows from the 40’s and 50’s. I love them. They are my kind of mystery. None of the blood and gore you get now days. Every once in a while I maintain my connection with the youth of this world by turning it to the Top 20 on channel 20 and turning up the music. So sitting in the driveway waiting for Buddy yesterday wasn’t boring at all. Just turned on Dave and during commercials jumped over to channel 20 for some *groovy* music.
3 comments:
Wow it is so pretty! I still haven't seen it...
The last I saw it there was NO snow on the ground.
Check out Rachel's "portrait" of Kelsey!
I actually copied the picture from tax assessors site. There is no snow on the ground at the moment--i'm so ready for spring!!!
Kelsey will get a kick out of that picture.
Post a Comment